He scratches me while his anger is at its peak. Sometimes, his tantrums know no bounds.
I do not remember how many times he does this to me.
It hurts but the moment he hugs me tight, I melt like an Ice-cream under the sun. How sweet but strange is the relationship between a Mother and a child?
A Mothers love is unconditional Her temper is another subject 🙂
He does not want me around when he gets a device in his hand
but he needs me to make him sleep
He does not need me when he is on an outing with grandparents
but he calls for me the moment he enters Home
He makes me cry
but he wipes my tears too
Being away from my full-time Job, I feel jealous of the ones who get to spend more time with him but I am happy that he gets the love of so many people. There are many people involved in shaping him, inspiring him and helping him learn the values.
I go mad at him sometimes
but I cannot ignore his childish sweetness
I stay away from him at my Job for 8 hours a day
but I feel bad when he is not Home
I ask him to speak less
but it does not feel good when he gets quiet
Things I learned being a Mom –
You cannot be prepared enough
I was foolish to make long lists of things I thought I would need after baby, taking a pledge not to hurt him, reading every article I came across. Nothing beats your practical experience and you can’t control everything.
You can do almost everything with 1 hand
and this is when you wake up half asleep to prepare the milk bottle in the midnight. Be it rolling chapatis, flipping them or operating Laptop, everything can be done with 1 free hand.
You want to document every moment
There are so many reasons to celebrate and happy for in Parenting. Every day seems a milestone and you would want to document so many shades.
You can enjoy humming poems too
I did not even notice myself humming Old MacDonald’s farm sitting in my Office chair. Its when my colleague sitting next to me was smiling, made me realize that.
You turn into an Entertainer
Being a Mom, you will invent thousand way to entertain those sweet little demons.
Fifteen minutes of nap time is a Luxury, Eating meal without getting up once is a luxury, Time we get for our Hobby is a luxury.
- Mothers too can make mistakes
- There is no such thing as SuperMom
Loved the article from Purba- If You Believe You Are A Supermom, You are a Victim, not a Victor
Featured Post for the second edition of #QuotedStories-
Akshata for her post- https://akswrites.com/2017/05/06/heres-why-we-need-to-read-chimamanda/
ABOUT THE BLOG LINK UP
- It will be a Fortnightly Linky party which will go Live on 1st and 15th of every Month.
- No limit on word count- The quote can be typed or a graphic. The quote can be parenting related, inspirational, funny, sarcastic – anything you like.
- Linky will remain open for 10 days i.e. 26th May.
- Rohan & I will select our respective favorite quote to feature on the following link up. We will also tweet the favorite quotes!
- By Joining the linky you are giving us permission to email and or tweet you a weekly reminder.
- You will get a comment from at least one of the hosts on the post you link up
- We will give you a little shout out on Twitter
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Write a new post and mention the Quote you are writing around.
- You can use these funny prompts or use your own favorite quote:
- Parenting is saying the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
- My Kid is turning out to be exactly like me. Well played, Karma.
- If you have never been hated by your child, you have never been a Parent.
- Add the #QuotedStories badge to the HTML / Text portion in your post -or- a back link to “lifethroughmybioscope.com” or “rohankachalia.com”. Send us a message on twitter if you’re stuck, we’re here to help!
- Comment on both hosts posts and on a post before yours. That’s only 3! More is always a bonus! It would be easy to track if you to use #QuotedStories while commenting.
- After you link up, tag us for a retweet: @LifeBioscope @RohanK01 & include #QuotedStories
INSTALOVE: You can also post your QuotePicture on your Instagram wall using hashtag #QuotedStories . Do tag me @life_through_my_bioscope and I will shout-out the most loved quote in the next linkup post.