CHOICE OF WORDS is something I failed to pick up from my Mother.
I adore my Love for my Family, I adore my faithfulness for my Friends, I adore myself for being a good listener, I adore myself for being a continuous learner but above all, I hate myself for not being a person who carefully chooses the words.
I hate myself for hurting those who love me most and the fact is I hurt the only ones whom I love the most.
My Loved ones learned to forgive this habit of mine. Though I am thankful for every relation God has gifted me with.
Be Careful with your choice of words, once they are said, they can be forgiven but not forgotten
But I am more thankful for the ones who do not accept this vulnerability of mine, because they are the ones who are pushing me to be someone “who thinks before they speak”.
I know inside that I do not really mean what I utter sometimes. Those words do not define the person who I am.
And then I wonder why the hell then I say those harsh words if they do not reflect my heart. My Mother worked hard on me all those 29 years to help me overcome this shortcoming, to make me understand the choice of words. She still is.
My bad choice of words earned me few tarnished relationships, irreparable wounds and before anything, robbed me of my mental peace.
Words are free. Its how you use them, that may cost you
I realize that its not the other people actions but my own words which haunt me more. I am working on myself because I know there is lot of scope of improvement. And I will.
I am drowned in my own created pool of words.
ABOUT THE BLOG LINK UP
- It will be a Fortnightly Linky party which will go Live on 1st and 15th of every Month.
- No limit on word count- The quote can be typed or a graphic. The quote can be parenting related, inspirational, funny, sarcastic – anything you like.
- Linky will remain open for 10 days i.e. 25th March.
- Rohan & I will select our respective favorite quote to feature on the following link up. We will also tweet the favorite quotes!
- By Joining the linky you are giving us permission to email and or tweet you a weekly reminder.
- You will get a comment from at least one of the hosts on the post you link up
- We will give you a little shout out on Twitter
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Write a new post and mention the Quote you are writing around.
- You can use the prompts or use your own favorite quote:
- Be Careful with your words, once they are said, they can be forgiven but not forgotten – Carl Sandburg
- People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it’s simply necessary to love – Claude Monet
- Follow your heart but take your brain with you – Alfred Adler
- Add the #QuotedStories badge to the HTML / Text portion in your post -or- a back link to “lifethroughmybioscope.com” or “rohankachalia.com”. Send us a message on twitter if you’re stuck, we’re here to help!
- Comment on both hosts posts and on a post before yours. That’s only 3! More is always a bonus! It would be easy to track if you to use #QuotedStories while commenting.
- After you link up, tag us for a retweet: @LifeBioscope @RohanK01 & include #QuotedStories
INSTALOVE: You can also post your QuotePicture on your Instagram wall using hashtag #QuotedStories . Do tag me @life_through_my_bioscope and I will shout-out the most loved quote in the next linkup post.
If you liked to get notified for future posts, Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a catch up email every Tuesday– no spam 🙂