TOI yesterday’s headline was World Climate Change as Nations are gathering for Climate Summit in Paris. Thanks for diverting to the real issue after those Religious Hogwash.
Mr. Prime Minister is very right in saying “CHECKING GLOBAL WARMING IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY. ENERGY CONSERVATION IS THE BEST WAY TO DO IT”
When it comes to Unity, our minds are stereotyped to think about only Religious Unity and we let trivial matters such as Climate to be tackled only by Ministry.
As I am working from home today, I am happy knowing that I am a contributor in reducing carbon footprint.
We as individuals cannot do much about Pollution from Industries but can do our part with small lifestyle changes.
CONTRIBUTIONS WE CAN MAKE ON DAILY BASIS
- Keep tires properly inflated (just this can save 400-700 pounds of CO2 per year).
- While you’re away – Turn your stuff off. Turn down your water heater; turn off your electronics
- Drive less by consolidating trips
- Try avoiding food wastage
- Avoid black trash bags: Because of the black pigmentation these trash bags cannot be recycled. A better option is to use white trash bags
- Read the newspaper online
- Do not burn garbage
- Use at least 1 Solar light source at home
- Sell non-usable paper, bottles etc to Scrap dealer to ensure its recycling.
Do you Know?
Energy used to produce, deliver and dispose of junk mail produces more greenhouse gas emissions than 2.8 million cars