Homemade soup. Sound like Winters, Right?
Its been getting little cold here in Northern part of India and I am exploring the power of soups. What a good time to relish these warm meals other than Winters.
A Jewish proverb seems so valid to me
I realize that there is so much good about it other than taste. Yes, taste was something I used to look for in these bowls. But now its not only about TASTE but about VALUE:
They contains more vitamins and minerals than most other methods of cooking.
We do not throw away the water containing valuable nutrients.
Value for money.
Sipping soup is therapeutic.
It’s the best way to serve up vegetables to people who aren’t crazy about them. The sky is the limit with Soups, so feel free to experiment with the ingredients and methods.
- Cabbage – Detoxification and fight infections, other 9 benefits
- Mushrooms – Detoxification, Boosts Immune system
- Cauliflower– 10 benefits that make it a superfood
- Peas– Good source of Vitamin K and other 10 benefits
- Potato – Lowers Blood pressure
- Beetroot – Fight Inflammation and other benefits
- Sweet potato – Good source of potassium and magnesium and other benefits
- Corn -Improves Vision and other 5 benefits
- Spinach – Warm and good source of vitamin A
- Onion– Boosts Immune system by reproducing white blood cells
- Turnip– Warm and other benefits
- Carrot– Good source of vitamin A and other benefits
- Pumpkin – 9 health reasons
- Turmeric – Detoxification and Circulation
- Cumin – 10 benefits
- Coriander – 7 amazing benefits
- Cinnamon – 7 heath benefits
- Cardamom – 15-health-benefits-of-cardamom
- Garlic – Detoxification, Antibacterial
- Ginger – Aids digestion, Anti-inflammatory
- Fennel– Benefits
- Black pepper – Its benefits
- Sea salt – 25 top benefits
- Curry leaves – Its benefits
- Apple – Rich in antioxidants, flavanoids, and dietary fiber
- Lemon – Rich in Vitamin C
- Tomato – 10 health benefits
- Chickpeas – Good source of Protein
- Bengal gram/Kale chane – Few benefits
- kidney beans- Its health benefits
From helping you lose weight to warming you up from the inside out to boosting your immunity, Soup is a winter staple that you shouldn’t be without.
A warm bowl of Soup a day makes you fall in love with Life. # Homemade Soup
This post was inspired by my quest for ingredients and benefits related to Soups and therefore, I decided to put it all under 1 post.
Hope it helps.