It was our first visit to Water park after we became Parents. It was fun to enjoy Water on a sunny summer day but Chlorine in the water made the skin dry and dehydrated. Sun rays played their role perfectly to make the skin tanned and dull.
[clickandtweet handle=”@lifebioscope” hashtag=”#skincare #skintips” related=”” layout=”” position=””]Here are 5 things I did to bring the Life back to my Skin and cure Chlorine rash.[/clickandtweet]
- Took bath with lukewarm water and cleansing soap which helped to get rid of the chlorine in our skin.
- Moisturized Skin after a bath so that before skin looses its dampness, most of the cream will be absorbed.
- Now a days, our Home is ever inhibited by Bananas. Its a god cleanser and I used it to reduce the dark spots around the face, neck and arms. Let the pack stay till it dries up completely and then rinse.
HYDRATED INSIDE OUT
- Gulped 2 glasses of Lemonade to ensure the internal dehydration. Its been said- What you put in stomach reflects outside.
- Too much of Chlorine leaves your skin dry and sometimes itchy. Salt and honey have anti-inflammatory properties to soothe skin and calm breakouts and irritation. Moreover, it balances oil production and retain hydration in the layers of skin.
Mix two teaspoons sea salt (preferably finely ground) with four teaspoons raw honey to create a spreadable paste. Apply evenly to clean, dry skin, avoiding eye area. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Before rinsing, soak a washcloth in very warm water, and gently wring out. Lay the warm washcloth on your face for 30 seconds. Use your fingers to gently exfoliate in a circular motion while rinsing your skin thoroughly with tepid water.
Try these out.
If you liked this post, you can have these posts delivered to your inbox: Click the SUBSCRIBE button in the sidebar.