Superstitions are beliefs related to the cultural milieu of a nation and Indian superstitions are no exception. Even though we deny believing them but still go wary when its talked about.
Do you believe in them? or if you are like me who doesn’t believe but cannot speak against it as people around you believe in them.
Indian Superstitions I have come across
I would mind someone else to sit on my pillow as it needs to be below my Face. I think you are getting my point (Do you? )
3. If you throw and touch Salt with your feet, you will have to pick it up using your eye lashes
Ouch! It would be painful for the eyes.
4. If milk boils out the vessel, it indicate some pending misfortune.
5. Do not shake legs; it brings bad luck in the family
6. Do not walk over someone as they will stop growing
7. Cheek or tongue bite means a curse
Its believed that whenever a part of your tongue or cheeks gets bitten, someone has cursed you
8. You will have a bad day if a black cat crosses your path.
9. A lock of hair from a baby’s first haircut should be kept for good luck
10. Marriage performed on basis of horoscope ensures a happy and long-lived marriage
An auspicious match and wedding date is often decided by an astrologer who matches the horoscopes of the couple. You can go ahead with the wedding only if your virtues and stars match.
There may be many others. Do share superstitious beliefs you have come across.
If you liked this post, Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a catch up email every Tuesday– no spam 🙂