Did I tell you I found the recipe of best carrot soup?
No! Let me announce my new discovery. If you read my previous post on Soups, you would know that I am into soup making these days.
After-all, Soups are the best comfort food for Winters.
I experimented with ingredients and the outcome was really nice- I must say TANGY.
It’s a Juicy Soup or you can call it a Soupy Juice but I assure you this -No one can have just 1 bowl of it. Its a heartwarming meal for all ages. Be it, Toddler or Elder, they will definitely love it.
It took me only 20 mins to serve this tangy flavored Soup and my Toddler did not stop. He did not let me put the spoon down until he guzzled it all.
Related read– Ingredients for Homemade Soups
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 2 medium sized Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato (to thicken)
- 1/2 Tbsp grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Water (2 Cups)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Fresh orange juice(1 orange)
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the carrots, sweet potato, ginger and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool till room temperature.
- Once cooled, transfer the mixture into a mixer and blend to a smooth purée.
- Saute Garlic in hot butter and wait until they are golden brown.
- Transfer the saute into the puree, add salt and pepper, orange juice, coriander.
- Serve hot.
- Carrots have a large amount of vitamin A, an excellent antioxidant that cleanses your body of free-radicals.
- Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C. They are also a very good source of dietary fiber.
- Cloves have antioxidant and antiseptic properties.
- Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene).
If you liked this post, you can have these posts delivered to your inbox: