It’s not just about being small, It’s to do more with less
We are stuck in the cycle of MORE- More internet, more cars, more clothes, more alcohol, more television, more news, more negativity, more social media, More work, more pressure
hence left with LESS- Less time, Less peace of mind, Less rest, Less freedom, Less patience, Less tolerance
There is no end to this until we practice consciously living with fewer possessions and using those possessions fully to achieve more. We can always do more with less in every aspect of our lives:
Always select quality over quantity. Prefer having few evergreen clothes rather than having a pile of them without anything worth wearing for.
- Today, every hand adores a smartphone but are we using our device smartly enough or just possess them for show off and follow the crowd? We keep an eye on latest tech gadgets and before we explore our already owned devices, we dump them for making space for newer ones.
- Keep things which serves you multiple purposes rather than having different things for each-
- Emergency light with USB option
- Pen combined with storage device
- Food processor rather than individual dicer, slider and blender
- Less toys help them learn to be more creative and imaginative.
- Less toys means longer attention spans.
- Less toys means more time for them to spend outdoors . They are also more likely to be involved in physical exercise which results in healthier and happier bodies.
- Less toys will develop a greater love for reading, writing, and art
- Eat Fresh
- Store leftovers properly
- Take advantage of steam
- Plan & prep ingredients ahead
- Use Homemade cleaning products rather than buying chemical based cleaners
- Spend time with Family and Friends to have a good laughter dose
- Turn off the TV
- Do not spend time and money on expensive meals or luxurious recreational activities, until you are off your debt
- Indulge into your Hobby
My next post is about earning Experiences.
If you liked this post, Sign up for weekly newsletter and receive a catch up email every Tuesday– no spam 🙂