Do not reject us, Celebrate us
More than 5,00,000 girls are killed in India every year even before they are born.
Each year 2 million girls between the ages of 5 – 15 are trafficked, sold or coerced into the sex trade worldwide.
These stats break my heart.
To improve these stats, UN has decided to celebrate girl child day each year since 2011.
Let’s celebrate girl child day and contribute a little towards their safe and bright future.
Sponsor education for a girl child
Teach your Kids the importance of this day
Steps we can take for the betterment of females:
- Do not hire female maids under the age of 18
- Speak out against gender inequalities
- Ensure proper sanitation facilities for women
- Do not support child marriage
- Discourage killing of girl child fetus.
Section of the society that needs upliftment cannot read this. Its you who need to carry this forward and help them.