badge
LIFE SELF IMPROVEMENT

New Year: No resolutions, only celebrations

January 15, 2019
no new year resolutions

Yes, you read it right. I have no new year resolutions.

 

While the world is listing out their resolutions, I don’t have any. Resolutions just aren’t for me. I always failed to keep them.

You must be amazed knowing the fact that “Only 8% of people who make New Year’s resolutions stick to them, and most of the other 92% see them last a week or less.

 

The new year is special to me but only because of the celebration it invites.

Making Resolutions puts pressure on my mind and this pressure makes me fail just after few days of setting the resolutions.

By not making any resolution, I am freeing myself and giving myself a chance to breathe.

 

 

The idea of making resolutions overwhelm me.

Rather than expecting an overnight transformation, I believe in taking one step at a time.

I believe in winning over the situations that make me feel bad afterward.

 

Over a single night, I cannot start at ZERO. Can you? There is no “delete” option when it comes to humans.

I continued from where I left.

I took along whatever the last year has gifted me with- blessings, sorrows, new people, the void created by people who left.

Only the thing I want to leave behind is emotional baggage, that may affect my present or future.

 

I cannot expect myself to be “PERFECT” in the New year.

I will continue to learn and for the moments when I slip- I want to be kind to myself, to accept and forgive myself and move ahead with new hope.

I will try to be the better version each day.

 

I don’t have any plan on how to live this new year. Nor I have a word of the year.

I will try to do whatever it takes to make myself and my family happier.

Be it choosing quiet over words, be it avoiding the risks or whatever.

 

Some days it may be a funny joke.

Some days it may be a short walk.

Some days it may be a home-made soup.

 

So, this is how I want to progress into the New year.

Keep moving forward with my head high and a smile on my face 🙂

 

Also, read- Why you should not make To-do lists


Do you have any plans for the new year?

Do you make resolutions or you are like me who has no new year resolutions?

 

SHARE THIS POST via Facebook or Twitter.

DON’T MISS THE NEXT POST! Just subscribe to the Blog.

 

You Might Also Like

1 Comment

  • Reply Vishal Bheeroo January 16, 2019 at 1:03 pm

    I have stopped believing in Resolutions for it never works not just with me but most of the people! I’d say just work on things we need to and improve on things rather than painting the town red with the R-Word.

  • Share your Views

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.



    Pin It on Pinterest

    error: Content is protected !!